Label DimensionsNow that you have a basic understanding of label design, you can proceed to learn about Page and Label dimensions and how the Barcode & Label app prefills a page with a label.
A label stock can be visualized as a piece of paper containing multiple labels. The labels can be torn off and pasted on physical objects for tagging and tracking purposes. A Page in Barcode & Label describes the dimensions of the paper whereas a Label describes the dimensions of each individual label. It is common to find more than 1 label on a single Page (paper) layout. In the label industry, if someone talks about a 5x2 label, what he or she meant is a piece of paper with labels arranged in a 5 rows by 2 columns grid as shown in the diagram below.
- Page Width - Width of the Paper
- Page Height - Height of the Paper
- Left Margin - Distance from the left edge of the Page to the first label
- Top Margin - Distance from the top edge of the Page to the first Label
- Label Width - Width of the Label
- Label Height - Height of the Label
- Horizontal Space - Horizontal Spacing between labels from one column to the next column
- Vertical Space - Vertical Spacing between labels from one row to the next